Speechless
Our family was enjoying a casual dinner together when my Beloved and I recognized something in our Jewel almost at the same time - she had sought to serve us at the table by bringing us water before we had asked for it.
My Beloved immediately praised her - "You honored us tonight! You looked to see if there was a need, and instead of asking us to do it for you, you did it yourself without being asked. That is very honorable! Thank-you!"
Me: "You really blessed us tonight!"
Our little Jewel looked completely shocked. She was not shocked at our praise, because we often praise her when she works hard to serve us and other people. I think she was shocked because she wasn't even purposefully trying to serve us out of selfish desire for approval; she just did it because it needed to be done and she served out of a new nature rather than request.
She stammered, paused, looked down sheepishly, and then finally spoke, "I...I don't know what to say..."
It was an amazing moment, because she was waking up to the fact that her nature toward us was being transformed, and she didn't even realize it. It was as if she discovered she had grown two inches overnight.
I held her hand and told her that this is how our family loves each other - by seeking to serve without being asked, and she did it. She honored all of us, but most importantly, she honored God by honoring us.
She finally figured out what to say: "You're welcome!"
Labels: surprises

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home