Sunday, April 24, 2011

Twas the night before Easter

1:30AM, Easter morning

Me: Hey, how early should I get up to hide the eggs?

Beloved: Well, how long can you leave eggs out before they go bad?

Me: I don't know. I was hoping you could tell me.

Beloved: Google it and then turn go to sleep. It's late.

Me: Google says, "2 hours." How early do I have to get up?

Beloved: How early?

Me: Yeah, how early? How early do you think she will be awaking tomorrow? 6? 7?

Beloved: Probably after 7. She was up late tonight and was really tired.

Me: Ok. Then I'll set my alarm for 6. Is that good?

Beloved: That's fine. You could probably even set it for 6:30; she was exhausted.

Me: I'll play it safe. 6AM.

***4.5 hours later***

Brrrrrrrrrrreeeeeek! Brrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeek!

Me: Aaaaahhhuhhhhhh....

[stumbles out of bed]

[rubs temples]

[gets dressed]

Me: Ok, let's do this

[bedroom door opens]

[Jewel walks in, fully dressed in her pink Easter dress, holding Easter basket]

Jewel: Papa! Which room can I find the Easter eggs? It's time to look!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home