Who said that?
Let me describe the scene for you:
The family is getting ready to pack up the van for a drive. We are bustling about, arms full of stuff, making sure things are ready. I'm doing whatever it is I do, and I ask out loud, "Does anybody need any help?"
The answer I got back:
"Look at me. Look at me! Do I look like I need help?"
I have been met with this exhausted expression before. I know what it means. However, I have never heard it coming out of my six year old daughter's mouth. And yet there it was.
---
In a slightly less stressful environment, my Jewel and I were heading to the grocery store to buy some food to make dinner. On the way there, she whipped out her notepad and started to write.
Jewel: "What do we need to buy?"
Me: "Um, lettuce, tomato, cream cheese..."
J: "Can you spell those?"
Now, properly armed with the LIST, we embarked on our shopping adventure. Each time we found the item we needed, she threw it in the basket and immediately crossed it off the list.
When we were done, she re-checked the list to make sure we did not forget anything. It was remarkable how she systematically processed the information, kept track of it, and then acknowledged the success of the trip through self-grading.
In fact, she's a lot like someone else I know well.
Labels: growing up

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home