Thursday, February 13, 2025

More Cowbell fail

I was at the doctor's office to deal with an ongoing medical situation. At the conclusion of the visit, the RN declared me to be officially cleared and no longer needing treatment. My journey, complete. And that's where it got good.

The head nurse said:

"We have a tradition in this office - when you're medically cleared, we bring in a cowbell for you to ring so everyone knows you're leaving with a clean bill of health! Do you want to ring it?"

Nurse, I've been waiting my whole adult life for this moment.

And in the best Bruce Dickinson impression I could muster, I intoned: "Guess what! I got a fever! And the only prescription. IS MORE COWBELL."

And all the nurses laughed and I laughed and they laughed and I rang the cowbell. Oh, how I rang that cowbell.

Somewhere, in some alternate dimension, Jimmy Fallon probably broke character.

And then one of them said: "What you said is so funny! I have no idea what it means, but it's funny!"

In that moment, I think I died a little on the inside.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home