Edgy
Since it's probably the only time in my life I've been edgy, with the one exception where I befriended a Las Vegas night club owner and his mail order bride an he gave me free drinks, I'll tell the tale.
I like many young lads had an infatuation with movie martial arts - Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Van Damme and the like. And since this was well before things like Amazon and Youtube, exposure to the martial arts and weaponry was really tough to come by. So my heart was ALIVE when out of the blue I received a mail-order catalog in my JMU mailbox that featured various replicas of shuriken, nunchukus. swords, etc. And so I spontaneously bought a few things, which I received on campus. I decorated my dorm room with them. I was so proud.
Fast forward to Thanksgiving break. Unbeknownst to me, RAs key into your room to make sure everything is safe. It took me a few days upon return from the break to realize that my room decorations were now missing. I had to go to the campus police office, along with all the other kingpins and hoodlums, to figure out how to get them back. I had to visit with a psychologist to ensure I wasn't going to cause trouble, and I was only a collector.
But the coup de grace was shortly thereafter, I was meeting my small group, of which I was the Bible study leader, at the airport lounge, and the lounge was abuzz with the edition of the Breeze you now have laid eyes on, nearly 30 years later. "Someone is like a crazy arms dealer in his dorm room!" I overheard. My small group could only wonder what kind of mafia activity might be going on right under their noses.
And that's when I had to break it to them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home