Friday, September 06, 2019

Way to go, dad

At breakfast, the kids are sitting at the table, with a spread of food before them - toast, eggs, fruit, yogurt, hash browns, juice - just like every day.

But EG is off to the side, pouting, not eating. Time is running short to get to school.

Me: Why aren't you eating?

She: I don't want any of that. I want something else. I want poached eggs, not fried eggs. And a smoothie.

Me: We don't have time to do any of that. There's lots of food to eat that we've made for you.

She: I don't want that

Me (getting annoyed at her lack of appreciation): So you'd rather eat nothing rather than all the food we have?

She: (stares at me)

Me: You're choosing not to eat?

She: I'm hungry

Me: Then go eat. Otherwise, get in the car, it's time to go. If you don't eat, that's your choice, but I'm not making you anything else.

She: (gives me the evil side eye, walks out)

I go back to our home office to get to work next to my Beloved

Me (still annoyed): Wow, EG, that girl...

Beloved: Oh, you wished her happy 8th birthday?

Me: "..."




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home