Wrestling with regrets
I have many regrets in life, and certain ones that bind me from moving forward. Regret is a disbelief that:
- God is not sovereign
- God will not forgive those sins
- Confession and repentance cannot heal us from those mistakes
- Those bad choices will haunt us to the grave, and if only we would have made the right choices, we would be so much better off today
Here are the regrets in my life that I cannot let go of:
- Not getting a double major in college
- Not pursuing job opportunities in Richmond or North Carolina
- Law school
- Not handling my career proactively at BB
I carry these with me every day. It is time to let them go.
2 Corinthians 7:10 - "For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death."
Psalm 34:4-5 - "I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed."
Labels: regret

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home