Thursday, April 14, 2016

40

Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
[..]
For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. - 1 Corin. 15

My confession, as in what I believe to be true: God's grace is sufficient to save me, but when He looks at my life and the wasteland that it has become, He demurs, "You weren't worth it."

μετάνοιαWhat God says is true: "My grace toward you was not in vain."

Not in vain.

I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he inclined to me and heard my cry.
He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
    out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
    making my steps secure.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
    and put their trust in the Lord.
--Psalm 40:1-3

40.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home