Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Sorrow and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

I recently came across this clip from the movie "Chef."


I love movie scenes like this. It is both nothing and everything at the same time.

I used to make grilled cheese sandwiches similar to this. But not for a while. Expediency often trumps cooking integrity.

But not today; today I did it right, with the sourdough bread, the multiple cheeses, butter, seasoning, and olive oil. It looked right and it sounded right. But the taste?

My Precious One, who got first crack: This is soooo good! This makes my tummy smile! I want another!"

My Jewel, who was resting upstairs, had her food delivered by her 'lil sister. Her reaction: "This is good. This is really good. I want more."

Lastly, the Tiny Warrior arose from his afternoon nap and looked for whatever crumbs were left. He swiped the last bite, devoured it silently, and took off running to look for something to either kick or throw.

I'm a screw-up 90% of the time. But sometimes, I can sort of get that 10% right.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home