Music wars
These days, car rides with my 3 children is often accompanied by music that they find appealing. Hey, it keeps them from arguing. Which means that my brain is now saturated with children's pop music, and I fear that it is going to stay in my head for a very long time.
To address this, I concluded one afternoon that I needed a break.We're going to listen to some Hendrix, and then listen to it again, and again. And then they will come to start to appreciate Jimi, and then they will ask for Jimi instead of some balderized anodyne bit of a musical pixy stix.
Here it comes. I hear my train a'comin.
Barely 30 seconds into it, my 4 year old is begging and pleading to turn it back to their music.
But no! My 11 year old, kind in heart and empathy, admonishes the 4 year old!
"We listen to our music ALL DAY. Let him have this one!"
YES. She gets it!
Me: "Just so you know, this is Jimi Hendrix, and one of his rare acoustic recordings..."
She: "Dad, I really don't care."
Labels: music, riding in the car

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home