For God so loved the world...
Henry Moorehouse once taught for six straight days on John 3:16 at DL Moody's church. On the last day, he approached the pulpit one more time.
For six nights he had preached on this one text. The seventh night came, and he went into the pulpit. Every eye was upon him. He said, "Beloved friends, I have been hunting all day for a new text, but I cannot find anything so good as the old one; so we will go back to the third chapter of John and the sixteenth verse," and he preached the seventh sermon from those wonderful words, "God so loved the world." I remember the end of that sermon: "My friends," he said, "for a whole week I have been trying to tell you how much God loves you, but I cannot do it with this poor stammering tongue. If I could borrow Jacob's ladder and climb up into Heaven and ask Gabriel, who stands in the presence of the Almighty, to tell me how much love the Father has for the world, all he could say would be: "God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoseover believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - William L Moody, 1900
Labels: Bible Verses, quotes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home