Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The moment of departure

Whenever my Beloved is packing up the kiddy crew and heading out the door, inevitably there is a multitude of things to remember to take. Diapers? Change of clothes? School books? Reading materials? American Girl doll? Yes, yes, yes, yes..."where did I leave her again?"

So as I sit and watch them scramble out the door, one by one, I remind them not to forget the car keys, water, cell phone, shoes, notebook, pants, etc.

I never lock the door behind them. Then I sit back and wait. I give them a solid 15 minutes to leave and return, never locking the door so that my Jewel will be slowed down in her quest to recall what has been forgotten.

Within 5 minutes my Jewel comes crashing back in the door. "We forgot the tickets!"

Here you go, dear.

Then I wait 5 minutes more.

Running footsteps.

Smack the door.

"Here are your glasses, dear."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home