Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day 2014

Another Father's Day has arrived on my doorstep, and now my children are 9 (mostly self-aware), 2 (semi-self-aware), and 6 months (Look! Shiny object!)

I tend not to think about special days like this too much, but I did have two very interesting conversations with my 9 year old that help me truly cherish the moments.

Discussion #1

She: Dad, do you know what I don't like about you the most?

Me: That I'm short?

She: No!

Me: That I'm quiet?

She: No!

Me: That I don't let you watch a lot of TV?

She: No!

Me: That I don't buy you all the toys you want?

She: No!

Me: Ok, what then?

She: NOTHING! There is nothing that I don't like about you!

Discussion #2
(at the pool)

She: Dad, guess what? When you fart underwater, you make bubbles!

Me: (speechless)

Happy Father's Day

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home