Stealth Work
My Precious One is 2 years old and aspires to be the clever one of the bunch. Ordinarily in the morning she will bound into my bedroom where my Beloved and I are still sound asleep and wiggle her way in between where it is nice and secure and she can warm up her ice cold toes on my stomach. She will giggle the whole time and is not shy about pushing me to the side to get the prime real estate.
Except recently. During the past two mornings, at around 6AM, the little one has pitter-pattered into our room, crept over to where I sleep, climbed, reached, grabbed, and absconded with my iPhone while making as little sound as possible. Yesterday, she retreated back to her room, where I strongly suspect that she and her big sister took to the phone to watch videos and play games while still "technically" in bed. I suspect that the job is a 2-gal operation, but cannot confirm this at the present time.
This morning I switched things up by changing the password on my phone. Lo and behold, at 6AM the pitter-patter of barefooted footfalls was heard in our room. There was a climb, a reach, a grab, and then a running away of some shadowy Hobbit-sized human. I heard a bedroom door close. I waited.
10 minutes later, after what was undoubtedly a tense moment that must have felt like a burglar being denied entry to a master safe, I heard the pitter-patter of tiny feet once again. There was a climb, a reach, and a replacement of some object, immediately followed by a silent retreat. The door closed once more.
I opened my eyes, turned my head, and there next to me was my phone, and whadayaknow, the battery was still fully charged.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home