Thursday, April 05, 2012

Baby Heads Up

I remember when my Jewel first started doing this, and now my Precious One does it as well. Now seven months old, the little one was sleeping next to me as I rose in the morning to go to work. She awoke as well and as I hovered around the bed, I saw her little head pop up from the covers and begin scanning the terrain.

She can't yet move around yet, but her face and eyes tracked my motion wherever I went. So I moved directly into her line of vision and made eye contact with her. She smiled as big a smile as she could possibly muster.

I slid around to the other side of the bed. Her head shifted, she searched the bedroom horizon, found me again, and we smiled at each other once more. And then, a third time earned me the same result.

It was time for me to leave, but I wanted to tell baby goodbye. She does not yet respond to a hand wave, so I reached out my finger to her and pointed at her. She smiled again, reached out, and grabbed my finger tip and held it as tightly as she could.

I finally left the room, but not before stealing one last glance. There she was again, head propped up, looking back at me. Smiling.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home