Eight Years
My Beloved and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary this week. Which means that we survived the mythological "Seven year itch."
Year seven was hard. Really hard. We faced many personal, financial, and familial challenges that still persist. We moved to a new state, we started home schooling, and I took difficult exams. We found a new church, had to make new friends, and had to depend on each other like never before.
Through this experience, I think it's an easy conclusion. My Beloved...I love her more, am more deeply committed to her, am in greater awe and admiration of her as a person, a wife, and a mother, than ever before. In year eight, she is smarter, sexier, wittier, more at ease, and more passionate about God and the Gospel than ever before.
One thing that has not changed is I am still as unworthy today as the day that I asked her to marry me to have the privilege of calling her My Beloved.
Labels: Marriage

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home