Early Mornings
My little Jewel has quite the morning routine:
- Between 6:30-7AM, she awakes
- She plays in her room quietly until she thinks it is time for me (only me) to wake up
- She comes in and stands next to my head, whispering, "Time to wake up, papa!" She does this so she only wakes up me and not my Beloved.
- I arise, prepared to take a shower. She always asks me, "Will you make me a bagel please?" I always say, "After I shower." It's a rehearsed routine; I think she likes the routine as well as her ability to remind me of things.
- These days, she asks me if she can listen to music on my computer. She has figured out iTunes at age 5. Most impressive.
- By the time my personal routine is done, I bring her a bagel on a plate along with some chilled water to her. She is sitting on a rocking chair with a book in her lap, listening to praise music. She always thanks me for the food.
- I then get ready to leave, and she runs to the door with me to give me a hug and a kiss and then lock the door behind me.
How old is she again?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home