Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I Miss Her

My little Jewel has been trying her best to understand the concept of Grandma S. passing away and going to Heaven to be with Jesus. Sometimes she sees it as a party, and other times she sees it as extremely sorrowful, as she will not see Grandma S. again. My adult perspective does not make this any easier, on her or on me.

Jewel, through her tears: "I miss Grandma S."

Me: "I know, we miss her very much."

Jewel: "I wish she wasn't in my heart."

Me: "I know it hurts us in our hearts. But it's important that she be in our hearts, so that we don't forget her."

Jewel, starting to hit herself in the chest: "I want her out of my heart!"

Me: "But why?"

Jewel: "Because I just want to be able to give her a big hug."

We cried together.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home