Monday, February 22, 2010

Thoughts while sitting in a hotel bar thinking about studying but man this gin&tonic is tasty

What does it matter what you throw in your triple vente skinny cinnemon whipped a la mode cocomochachino if you don't even know how to brew the coffee right.

While navigating a new town, I notice that I have a remarkably innate sense of mis-direction.

The Intercontinental chain of hotels is my hidden go-to hotel chain. I've been to 4 of them in different locales, and they're all awesome. I think they get discounted b/c they seem to choose sub-optimal locations. Perhaps intentionally.

There is NObody in the bar/restaurant. Will I go hungry tonight?

Score! Gin & Tonic, Tangeray. Good ratio. The bar tender is friendly, so I go for the special move - I ask her to change the channel on the TV.

Double score! She gives me the remote! Pwnage!

Flipping through channels. Rule for living - if you ever find yourself alone in a bar and the tender surrenders the remote to you, don't let the alcohol seduce you to thinking you're suddenly flipping channels in your own home. You never know who might be taking mental notes on your TV viewing habits.

Hey, we just lingered on "Charmed" for 30 seconds too long there. Bad remote! Bad remote!

Crap. It's 7PM. There's nothing on at 7PM. My remote control kingdom means that I'm taller than a dwarf. When was the last time I actually TURNED ON a TV at 7PM?

Speaking of dwarves, there's Bob Costas getting off a seaplane. Whaa? Was that like his WWF entry? Where is his entrance music?

It's a given that Costas is short - 5'7" to be exact, if Wiki is correct. in other words, tallish girlfriend height. This is not surprising. What is surprising is that, there greeting him, is none other than Mr. "Do you believe in miracles?" himself, Al Michaels, and good ol' Al is barely an inch taller than Costas. This is alarming for some reason. I am alarmed.

Speaking of WWF, there is...holy crap it's the Undertaker. That guy was old like 10 years ago. How old is he now? (/looks it up: 45) For that matter, what is he now? He doesn't even look human anymore; he looks like an alien reject from "Battlefield Earth." And I think he's wearing mascara.

Black History Month tribute to Wilt Chamberlain. I'll just leave that there.

Womens' ice hockey. Slower, smaller, no checking. The goalies look really...um...well "padded."

Hey there, Trebeck.

Ice dancing. Can't tell which one is the dude.

A dude just got a gimme sports/politics question badly wrong. Trebeck gave him 2 extra guesses to get it right. He botched those too. Trebeck really likes his job.

Downhill long jump skiing. Wait, they get little runner grooves to fit their skis in? Doesn't that effectively make downhill jumping the same as a pinewood derby?

Hakeem Warrick is my favorite SU dunker of all time. He is now a Chicago Bull. He looks so much better in red. I think he could make sweet sweet music with Derek Rose.

And BOOM goes the dynamite. Warrick just dunked over 7 footer Javale McGee.

The Chinese have freestyle skiiers? This seems strangely incongruent.

If you're a Washington Wizard, how do you really feel when your theoretical rallying cry is, "We get Gilbert back next year"?

G&T gone. Food is ready. Back to studying.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home