Sir Thomas More
A wonderful quote for Easter this year:
I shall continue to resist any self-styled "little pope" who tries to intimidate me into surrender, and continue to cite to him the words of St. Thomas More who forfeited his earthly life in defense of the true Church. When the prosecuting Shehan of his days asked this man for all seasons: "Come on, More! Do you wish to be considered wiser and of better conscience than all the bishops and nobles of the realm?" St. Thomas replied: "My Lord, for one bishop of your opinion I have a hundred saints of mine; and for one parliament of yours, and God knows of what kind, I have all the general councils of the Church for a thousand years!"
- Father Gommar DePauw, quoting Sir Thomas More at the trial for his life

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home