Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Rockwellian Memories from the Past

If you're a lover of the artistry of Norman Rockwell, then as you go through life you occasionally come upon moments that, if he hadn't actually painted it, you know Rockwell might have had he thought of it.

I am reminded of one of my fondest memories, back when my beloved and I were very young in our relationship. We were strolling through the local mall, chatting about whatever young and practical in-love people talk about, when we passed a women's shoe store. Outside of this store, a father and his son, of whom the boy could not have been more than seven or eight years old, were having a conversation. The boy was looking downward, hands in pockets, and his father was standing over him, comforting hand on the boy's shoulder, and was speaking to him tenderly. As my lady and I passed, we caught the still frame of an ever so brief Rockwellian moment.

The man leaned over to his boy, and said, "Son, this is just a part of becoming a man. You just have to wait for her."

Out of earshot, I narrowly avoided the swipe from my lady as I quickened away, giggling hysterically.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home