Hospitality
My little Jewel managed to lock herself out of her room accidentally. So she and I went to our tool box and got the appropriate tool. With my hand guiding her, she carefully flipped the trigger inside the door nob to unlock it again. That led to this discussion:
Me: You did a great job unlocking your door. You did very good.
Jewel: I don't want to be locked out. It makes me sad.
Me: Yes, but now you know how to fix it.
Jewel: Don't ever lock your door so you can't get inside. That would make you sad too.
Me: I promise, I won't.
Jewel: If you do lock your door, you can always stay here in my room.
Me: Oh, that's soo gracious of you! It is good when you want to take care of others.
Jewel: Yes, I take care of you. My bed is very big. There is a lot of room for you.
Me: Me and mama both? We can both sleep on your bed with you?
Jewel: No, just you. Mama can sleep on the floor.
Labels: voice of children

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home