Monday, March 23, 2009

I'll Pray for You

The other day I was talking with my Jewel and it went down an interesting path of discussion. I'll reproduce it here to the best of my recollection.

Jewel: Papa, do you have ouchie in your legs?

Me: Yes, dear. I have an ouchie in my legs.

Jewel: Why do you have ouchie? Did you fall?

Me: No, it's because I hurt my back.

Jewel: How did you hurt your back?

Me: I was in an accident.

Jewel: Accident? Yesterday?

Me: No, not yesterday. It was a long time ago.

Jewel: Long time? Last week?

Me: No, it was when I was very little. When I was smaller than you!

Jewel: When you were a baby?

Me: Yes, when I was very little.

Jewel: What happened? Did you fall?

Me: No, I was in a car accident that gave me an ouchie in my back.

Jewel: Oh, the car gave you an ouchie when you were a baby?

Me: Yes, that's what happened. It was a long time ago.

Jewel: Hmmm...I'll pray for you!

(That right there is the heart of a child that simply knows the power of Jesus because she hasn't been tainted by the doubts of the world yet. For her, she simply knows that God is able to answer her prayers.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home