Monday, January 26, 2009

Painful affection

Sometimes, when my Jewel sneaks into bed with us and snuggles up against me at night, she will get into the mode of putting her head on me while we sleep. She'll put her head on my arm (fine) my chest (not bad) and sometimes my face (ouch). I'll wake up, and her head will be resting on my face, and I can smell her breathing on me. I'm kind of a grumpy sleeper, so usually I'll push her off and resume sleeping. Of course, this means I am only to be woken up 30 minutes later with her head resting on another appendage that is now losing blood circulation.

So I asked her, "Why do you like to sleep with your head on my face?"

She smiles. "Because that way I can give you hugs while I'm sleeping."

/heart melts

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home