Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Mystery of Pro-Life

In the midst of this political season in 2008, the always present hot button topic of abortion is present. What does the Lord have to say about the value of the unborn?

Jeremiah 1:5 - "Before I formed you in the womb I new you..."

If you or I are ever to question our value while on this earth, our anxiety should always be eased by this declaration by God Himself. He values us even before the fetus, even before the fertilization, even before the forming of the egg occurs. The debate about when life begins is a meaningless diversion. The Lord of the Heavens not only knows us before it even begins, but also:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. " - Jeremiah 29:11

God values us and has plans for us before it even begins. So should we not as well?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home