Sweet Dreams
I came home late at night after a long evening of classes and driving home from the city. When I got home, the entire house was asleep, and I was left to creep about trying not to wake anyone up. As is my custom, I went into my Jewel's room to see her for a moment. I look at her face, brush her cheek, and place my hand on her head for a moment, almost as if to validate that yes, at the end of the day, she is still God's gift to me.
This particular evening, when I tried to rearrange her blankets to cover her up, she awoke and sat upright.
"Oh, there you are!"
Busted.
"I missed you very much today, dear."
"I missed you too!" she replied.
"It's time to sleep now, lay down and I will cover you up."
"Yes, sleep time. Goodnight daddy. I love you."
And with that, she fell back asleep with a big smile on her face. As if to say her day could not be complete without a lasting moment shared with me.
Now my day is complete as well.
Sweet Dreams my Jewel.
Labels: When it is dark outside

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home