Friday, July 11, 2008

Verrrry Clever

One of the things my beloved and I have been working on with our Jewel is getting her to stay in her own bed all through the night. In the past, she has frequently (and stealthily) been climbing into our bed in the middle of the night. I sleep like a rock, and never notice her until morning (or until she puts her foot in my face). To do this, when she enters, we gently tell her that she has to go back to bed because it is still dark outside and it is time to sleep.

Well, this morning as I arose early and while it was still dark, she came into our room as I was getting ready. I explained to her that even though I was up, everybody else was still asleep and that she had to go back to bed.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because it is still dark outside."

"It's still dark?"

"Yes, and when it is still dark outside, that means that we all need to stay in bed."

"That's what it means?"

"Yes, that's what it means."

And then she grinned. .."Not to me!"


...

Oh, touche my little one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home