Apropos of Nothing...
I watched the stereotypical "chick flick" DVD with my beloved last night - a movie called "Because I Said So." Not even going to discuss it, b/c if I happen to go back and read this post in years to come, I don't want to remember how insipid it was.
What was funny though was that as the opening credits rolled, and my beloved started to fast forward through them, I heard the familiar soulful voice of Van Morrison singing his classic, "Days Like This."
"Hold up," I said.
"Why? it's just the opening credits. Nothing ever happens." She replied.
"Don't you recognize the voice?"
"No."
"It's Van Morrison. One of his great tunes," I pointed out.
"So what?"
"This might be the best part of the movie, right here."
And so it was.
Labels: apropos of nothing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home