Heart of a Homeless Man
I dig Rich Mullins, and I love this story he tells:
You know, people come back from Ireland with those really beautiful big sweaters, real big bulky and they have those stitches and all kinds of stuff in them. Well, they started doing that because each of those different stitches is different charms and prayers and stuff that they'd weave into their husband's sweaters. If it worked, their husbands would come back alive and if it didn't, because fish don't eat wool, they could tell who was who by what sweater was on them...
So go out and live real good and I promise you'll be beat up real bad. But a little while after you're dead, you'll be rotted away anyway. It's not gonna matter if you had a few scars. It will matter if you didn't live. And when you wash up on that other shore, even though you've been disfigured beyond recognition, the angel's gonna see you there and they'll go, "What is this? We're not even sure if it's human. " But Jesus will say, "No, that's human. I know that one. He's one of mine." They'll say, "Jesus, how do you know that one?" He'll then say, "Well, you see that sweater he's got on?"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home