Friday, December 14, 2007

I bless thee

As I was leaving home today to drive into the city to take a final exam, my jewel climbed up on my lap and while standing on my knees gave me a kiss goodbye. But then, she did something most unusual - she grabbed my face in her two little hands, and gently but firmly tilted my head downward, leaned over, and kissed my forehead. It was reverent and humbling, because while most certainly she was just emulating me when I do it to her, it also told me that in some way, she understood the expression of tenderness. She finished by proceeding to kiss my lips, my ears, and my eyes, as if she wanted to bless my speech, my hearing, and my sight, so that I would be ready to endure the day's trials. I've never done that to her; something in her prompted her to communicate something to me in such a tender way, and I will never forget it.

3 Comments:

Blogger finishtherace said...

you can thank your beloved for this one :)

3:52 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Andy, this ismore than precious. How sacred are the affections and kisses of our little ones. THanks for sharing. - Madeline

7:30 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Andy, more than precious! How sweet the kisses of our little ones. Warmed my heart; Madeline

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home