Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Forgetful Me

Yesterday morning, my jewel was awake with me as I got ready to leave for work. We spoke in hushed tones so that momma could catch a few more zzz's before she woke. My jewel has learned my tendencies so well, including my forgetful ones. She pulled out my lunch and helped me put it in my bag. She opened the door for me, and gave me a hug and kiss to send me off. Then she smartly locked the door as soon as I left. But as I got out to my car, I realized that I had forgotten something important - my laptop! So I hustle back in, unlock the door, swing it open, and lo and behold, there she is waiting for me, with my laptop in her arms. "Papa, compoooter!" She cried. Yes, my dear, it's good that you've got my back, or else I don't know how I could ever make it in this world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home