Urban Sprawl
My little one has been sick as of late, so usually during the night she will find her way to our bed and sleep between us. To say that she is greedy with the bed surface area would be an understatement. Inevitably I will end up sleeping on an approximately one foot wide strip of the bed, with my shoulder and one leg hanging off, and my beloved will be as far away as possible, not wanting to touch my jewel and wake her. When I arose this morning, I finally confirmed the tendency though, in striking form. As I sat up, she most naturally just filled out the space that I had previously occupied, so that when I started to lay back down, I had to stop because she was already there. Just like urban sprawl, she only seeks to fill the voids that exist, even if the place she is leaving is more comfortable. I made one last gasping lunge, but it was for not. I promptly fell off the bed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home