A Night Out with a Lady
Last night afforded me and my beloved a rare night out on the town in the bustling and trendy area of Georgetown in DC. We met up after driving separately, she coming from our home in the west and me from my office in the east. She always looks stunning and radiant, but on this particular evening, she was something else entirely. She was the beautiful and smart and sexy and trendy lady that you and I see from afar. She was unfamiliar. Suddenly, I felt like I was back in college, clinging to the wall, and really only hoping that this girl would accidentally trip over me so that she might give me an awkward 'I'm sorry, hello there." And then she would walk away, leaving me wondering if a guy like me and a girl like that could ever have a conversation, only to conclude that for me, a girl like that was only available to be seen from a distance. So it was like a dream state when, after a few minutes talking with her friends, she came over and kissed my cheek and put her arm in mine.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home