Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Saying Goodbye

This morning, like many mornings, I was set to leave for work before the sun rose. As I was heading out the door, from my jewel's bedroom, I heard her cry, "Papa!" So as is my custom, I went into her room and got her up to take her in to our bedroom to try to get her to sleep some more in our bed. She hugged me and kissed me and it soon became evident to her that I was going to leave to go to work. Tears welled up in her eyes and her chin started to quiver. I hadn't seen her in a few days, and she missed me. I missed her. I tried to comfort her and let her know that I would see her again soon, but her sorrow overtook her. As I closed the bedroom door behind me I could see her weeping silently on the bed, sad to see me leave. Once the door was closed and I headed out, two people wept silently, each missing the other so very dearly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home