The Race has been Run
I admire much about my beloved, for she is smart, beautiful, and committed to God's Word. Today she finished her first marathon. We drove to the Lower Potomac for her to start and complete her first test of extreme endurance, and she finished. Along with this, due to some unforeseen circumstances we had to take our jewel with us. Not that we wouldn't always want her around, but the challenges of bringing her would be difficult - she would not nap either Saturday or Sunday, she would likely go to bed late, and she would have to share a bed with us as my beloved tried to rest up for her race (the evening of daylight savings, to boot). So we took her, and she slept both days in the car. When it came time to go to bed, she slept through the night without incident. And when awake, she brought joy to the hearts of all those she met.
My beloved finishing her goal. My jewel bringing joy to our hearts. I tell you, my heart wells with humility and delight, thankfulness and exhilaration when I consider what God blessed upon me. I don't deserve such things. Not even close. Yet God will never stop blessing me with such things. Not even close.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home