Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Shopper in training

My wife called me at work to tell me about the most precious thing. She said that she had taken my daughter with her to go grocery shopping at Harris Teeter. If you are familiar with the store, you might know that they actually have miniature shopping carts that have little flags on them that read "shopper in training." My daughter has taken to pushing one around when my wife does her shopping. Usually though, she loses interest and before you know it, that jar of jumbo olives and packet of swiss cheese she was carrying are lost somewhere between aisles 7 and 10.

Not today though. Today, my wife placed the goods in her little shopping cart, and she stayed with it the entire time. Then, she brought the cart to the checkout line, placed each item on the conveyer belt, and handed the cashier our VIC card. She then took the bag and carried it herself out to the car. I wish I could have been there, and I asked my wife if she took any pictures. "Pictures? Are you crazy? That would look weird."

Yeah, probably so. But I would have done it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home