Monday, October 23, 2006

Calming Security

My regular work days are quite filled, as I typically leave around 6:30 in the morning and return home around 10:30 at night. My beloved is home alone with my daughter most days. But on the weekends, we can all be together as family. My wife noted that there is a remarkable contrast in my daughter's behavior from during the week and the weekend. She is happier, more confident, and more personable when both papa and momma are home together. I find great comfort in this, knowing that my mere presence, aside from my bumbling attempts to be a good dad, can have a lasting effect on her. My joy is heightened exponentially when I see a smile on her face, a laugh come from her lips, and the way she hugs my head so I can barely breathe. It is...overwhelming.

1 Comments:

Blogger finishtherace said...

it's hard for the beloved to read the blog when the beloved doesn't know you have a blog.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home